The NSW Indigenous Chamber of Commerce (NSWICC) is subject to secrecy obligations set out in its enabling legislation, The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) Act 2005 (external website, new window). Section 191 of The Act prevents certain people including the NSWICC Board, NSWICC Chief Executive Officer and NSWICC staff from divulging or communicating to any person any information concerning The affairs of another person or producing to any person any document relating to The affairs of another person unless The disclosure is authorised.
In addition to being bound by the secrecy obligations set out in The ATSI Act, NSWICC is also subject to The Privacy Act 1988 as amended from time to time (external website, new window), which requires that we comply with The Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in The Act. The se APPs set out how organisations such as NSWICC should collect, store, use and disclose personal information and how individuals can access records containing their personal information.
NSWICC respects the privacy of all users of this website and is committed to maintaining the privacy and accuracy of your personal information, and to protecting such information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, alteration and destruction.
THE NSWICC's credit reporting policy (Credit Information Policy) describes and establishes how NSWICC manage Credit-Related Information about individuals in accordance with The credit reporting obligations contained in The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and The Credit Reporting Code as registered under section 26S(1) of The Privacy Act.
What information do we collect?
NSWICC collects two types of information through its website:
- Personal or individual identifying information that you actively and willingly provide to us yourself. NSWICC does not attempt to identify users or their browsing activities during their website visit, and will only collect personal identifying information from you when, for example, you subscribe to a newsletter, request a publication, or register for an event. We will only record your email address if you send us a message, and will only use your personal details for the purpose for which you have provided them. Your name will not be added to a mailing list without your consent, and we will not otherwise disclose your personal details. Only authorised personnel at NSWICC will be given access to information that you provide to us.
- Standard web log visitor information: that helps us understand how people use our website, and assists us in improving website functionality and service (e.g. correcting broken website links, or other navigation problems). A 'cookie' (an electronic token) is used to keep track of the pages you have accessed while using our server, and operates only for the length of your visit to our website.
The statistical analysis data collected includes:
- Your server address
- Your top level domain name, for example .com, .gov, .au, .edu etc
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded
- The previous site visited
- The type of browser used.
NSWICC does not rent, sell or give away the information we collect from you.